Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekly Challenge

Hi all!

I have been busy this past week with ISAT testing. It has been crazy nuts! It will all be over on Tuesday. I will be able to exhale. All my kids have shown up so far. Make-ups are no fun! Next week - I should have a technique to share with you for the weekly challenge.

For this week, I want you to do a little thinking. I want you to think about what your "art thing" is. Let me explain. We all have some "things" about ourselves. My kids at school will tell you that one of my "things" is that I like to drink Canada Dry Ginger Ale. That is a by-product of having an ulcer in college and from having morning sickness for 6 months straight with two pregnancies. It is a habit that I never gave up. I drink one a day for my digestive issues that seems to stem from my dad's side of the family. I also have a "thing" for purses. Love them! My art "thing" is metal and doodling. You will almost always find something metal on one of my art pieces. I also like to doodle. I will absently do it all the time. It does not have to be on an art piece. I do it when I am one the phone, during meetings, and even when I am in class listening to someone speaking. I think I do it so my mind has something to focus on visually while I am listening to something. I am not a very auditory person. I am very visual.

So, grasshopper, if you choose to accept, your mission for this week is to discover what your "thing" is (if you don't already know what it is) and make it the focal point of an art piece. How is that for a long run-on sentence? Make that "thing" loud and proud. Can you tell that I watched a lot of TV as a kid? Have fun.
Belinda

No comments: