Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weekly Challenge

I did not forget about all of you. I have been busy the last couple of days working on some samples for Creative Options. Since I am on that topic. Have the lot of you entered their sweepstakes or entered their contest for prizes and/or design team? Just thought I would mention it for those who are interested.
Here is the link: http://www.creativeoptionscrafts.com/sweeps/

I have found that I needed to go back into the depths of my art memory to find techniques and projects that I have done a long time ago. You all know what I am talking about. They are things tried and put aside. You might have loved it once but have gone on to other things. There is something to be said for the very organized people who have a portfolio or file of all the techniques or things they have done for future reference. I am not that organized. I just have a tendency to keep samples of everything I have done for future reference. I throw them in a file or in with my technique pages. I can pretty much look at the technique page and remember how I did it. If you are not one of those people, then you can depend on the internet to have it somewhere available for you. Do you remember how cool you thought something was when you tried it and thought how you were always going to do it? Then you went on to the next thing and forgot all about it?

Well, it is time to go back and bring back something old and make it new again. The challenge for this week is to take something that you have done before and do it again now. Rediscover it. You don't have to do it again the same way. You can change it to accommodate how you do your art now.

When I was doing samples for Creative Options, I wanted to make sure I created samples that appealed to not only artists who do my kind of art but other crafters as well. It was quite a challenge for me but I dug deep into my memory and came up with old techniques that were pretty fun. I might not scan and admit to doing them but I think they came out pretty well. 8-)
I stopped short of doing a 12x12 scrapbook page. I figured enough other people would be doing that. I didn't want to embarrass myself. No, really.

Okay, so, go have some fun. Go dip into your files and your memory this week. Find something old and make it new this week. See how you have progressed since you last did that technique.

Belinda

No comments: