Friday, February 27, 2009

In love with fabric!

I can't help myself - I adore fabric! I also love paint, paper, beads, wire and altering stuff, but I get such a buzz from working with fabric that I find myself missing the old sewing machine if I don't use it at least once a week!

Here's my best work so far - a 10" x 12" Fabric collage I completed yesterday.



It's all recycled material that I got from the Scrapstore, friends, found at Car Boot Sales, cut from old clothing... the flowers and leaves are also from bunches of silk flowers that I recycle. I sit in front of the TV with a lap tray and take them apart for use in my artwork. I have about 6 clear plastic containers full of them by now. Prima will never make any money from me!!

The beads were sewn on by hand - they're mainly small glass beads that I buy in sales or from magazine giveaways. Some of my gorgeous glass ones were a present from a good friend who knew she'd never use them (and that I definitely would!)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Very nice! I too love fabric (I work at a fabric store) and love fabric collage. Very soft and lovely, your piece.

Sandra Foster said...

I really like this. I am a very texture person. You did a nice job!