Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday weekly challenge










Before I even start, I have to tell all of you that I have a moleskin notebook full of ideas for challenges every week. I have been doing an investigative journal with my 6th graders for them to get better at using scientific method and for them to increase their background knowledge. I want them to question their world more. I did the same thing on the other side of my moleskin journal for artists. I thought it would come in useful one day. Yeah, it sure did.





This week's challenge is to take a doodle and do something with it. You can do whatever you want with it. You can doodle with it. Paint with it. Create a collage with it. You can make an art quilt around it. Do SOMETHING WITH IT. You can use one of the doodles that I stamped above or you can create your own swirly or doodle. Take a little something - something and make something else out of it. If you want, take a doodle, put is in your journal, make something with it, AND then journal about it, if you are art journaling. That would be something, wouldn't it? The point is to do something - anything!





This is a spin on journaling that I do with my kids at school. We take a little doodle and they draw a pict from a little something. They then write a little paragraph or story about it. They share and can even write parts of it together. It improves their writing skills, fluency, creativity, and helps their vocabulary. It is also a fun thing to do with your own kids. If you want to do it with your won kids, you are welcome to email the results to me and I will put it on the blog - giving your kids the credit. Very cute.





Have fun. Belinda

No comments: