Sunday, January 25, 2009

Announcing The Weekly Challenge!

This is a totally voluntary thing. You do not have to be a contributor/author to this blog to participate in this activity. The whole idea of this blog is to have artists commit to doing art on a consistent basis throughout the year. Kinda like exercising, not smoking, and eating right (correctly) for the rest of this year. Let's see how that works out, too.

Getting back to the challenge...every Sunday, I will come to this blog (not my personal blog) and give you a small challenge. I am not going to give a big challenge because I want you to be able to accomplish it in a week. I know how most of us are all very busy during the week with life commitments and other art projects. I want all of you who are reading this now to try and give it a go and do the challenge every week. Those of you who do are welcome to take a pict/scan your results and email them to me. I will post them on this blog. Send them to me in a small .jpg plz. I will post them during the next week with your first name and where you are from. For example: Belinda from Aurora, IL. You can remain anonymous and just do it for your own satisfaction. My email link is in the right column of this blog.

Remember, this is all in fun. There is no pressure. Do not feel the need to play catch-up and do the one from two weeks ago because your bugger boss made you do an incredibly impossible project and you are just able to do some art now. Just play when you can and email me when you want. I will post your results when you get them to me. Comments are always welcome. Artists love reading comments about their own art -don't we? 8-)

I will do my damndest (not sure that is a word) to post the challenge early each Sunday. If I don't, you are welcome to email and nag me. I have a life, too, and it gets in the way sometimes. I will do my best to be on time. Yeah, right. Remember, keep commenting on what the weekly contributors are doing.

No comments: