Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Celebration Cloth



I spent the last two weeks with Jan Beaney and Jean Littlejohn. I did this piece this week at the workshop. The assignment was to create a celebration cloth using your original design. The first week was about developing designs based on the historic patterns and making them your own. This one is a mandala celebrating me. I created it on aquabond (a wash away adhesive stabilizer) using sheers and painted lutrador. I then used machine stitching to connect the pieces, trying to keep a thought to the negative spaces created. I still might work a little more on it or more likely will do a second piece based on this one.

5 comments:

Hollhollo said...

I love this piece. The colors are fabulous.

Crazy Art Girl said...

That is really cool.
Belinda

Erasmuse said...

This is beautiful! So delicate and yet so strong!

Pam
http://alteredmymuse.wordpress.com/
"Altered My Muse"

jet1960 said...

This is amazing! Awesome construction and colors!

melicia's fiber art and mixed media said...

This is so cool. Love the color and fragility of it.